You may already stock apple cider vinegar in your pantry and use it in your favorite recipes, but there are many other reasons to keep it on hand. From health benefits to natural cleaning, apple cider vinegar has benefits that go far beyond the kitchen.
If you have not yet discovered the power of apple cider vinegar, just consider some of these powerful benefits.
- Apple cider vinegar can soothe your upset stomach. The ingredients in apple cider vinegar coat your digestive system, relieving stomach upset, reducing diarrhea and preventing stomach upset. Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar dissolved in water or apple juice can be just as effective as store-bought remedies.
- Apple cider vinegar can make your hair look great. Mix 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar with 4 cups of water and use it as an after-shampoo hair rinse. Follow with a thorough rinse with cold water.
- Apple cider vinegar can fix your runny nose. If you suffer from sinus problems or have a cold, try mixing a teaspoon-full of apple cider vinegar into a glass of water. It will soothe your nose, help your sinuses drain and make you feel better.
- Apple cider vinegar makes a great facial mask. Mix equal parts bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar, add a tablespoon of honey and apply it to your skin for an inexpensive but highly effective facial mask. Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes and rinse it off with warm water.
- Apple cider vinegar can relieve nighttime leg cramps. Dilute a small amount of apple cider vinegar in water and drink the solution twice a day to relieve troublesome nighttime leg cramps. The ingredients in apple cider vinegar dissolve acid crystals in the bloodstream while giving your muscles the potassium, calcium and other essential nutrients they need.
- Apple cider vinegar can make your bath more relaxing. Fill your bathtub with warm water, and then add two caps of apple cider vinegar to draw toxins from the skin and leave you feeling refreshed.
- Apple cider vinegar can cure your hiccups. Hiccups are often the result of an imbalance of acid in the stomach. Drinking a teaspoon or two of apple cider vinegar dissolved in water can restore that balance and send the hiccups packing.
- Apple cider vinegar can whiten your teeth. You do not have to spend a fortune on whitening treatments; just gargle with apple cider vinegar every time you brush your teeth. The natural acids can remove stains and leave your teeth feeling great.
- Apple cider vinegar can reduce swelling in your hands and feet. Rub apple cider vinegar on your swollen hands and feet to reduce swelling and make them feel better.
- Apple cider vinegar can soothe a sunburn. If you have been out in the sun too long, try soaking a washcloth with apple cider vinegar and applying it to your reddened skin.
- Apple cider vinegar makes an effective and low-cost mouthwash. Send bad breath packing by mixing half a tablespoon in a cup of warm water and gargling with it.