Adding burpees to your workout may be the best thing you ever do. According to Runner’s World it will improve your stamina, giving runners (in particular) the energy to run a longer distance faster. In fact, burpees can help make everything you do throughout the day easier.
Start doing burpess a few minutes a day for one week – 3 sets of 8. Rest at least two days before starting up again.
- Start in the standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend over and squat down. Place hands on the floor in front of you, slightly wider than shoulder width.
- While holding upper body in place, kick legs back. Land on the balls of your feet with body in straight, plank position. (Keep your body straight, do not let your back sag.)
- Keeping upper body in place, jump your legs forward under your body returning your feet to a squat position.
- Reach arms over head and jump up into the air to end in the original standing position.
Kick It Up A Notch
Add push ups into the mix when in the plank position.