Farmgirl Forums

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Garlic

We want to plant garlic for the first time and we have no idea about the best time to do that. I have read different views about it, but it's all confusing. I would rather hear from anyone here who has experience growing garlic. Could you share your tips please?

You can plant garlic now all the way through early winter.  It's not fun to work the soil once it's frozen though.  I've planted garlic in spring, fall, and early winter and never had a problem.  It's an easy one to grow.

The internet can be confusing because anyone can access it and post misleading information. I haven't grown garlic before, but all I know is that it is easy to grow. Planting is usually in the fall (while other people opt for early winter) and harvesting follows in mid-summer.

Quote from Garden Gal on November 10, 2019, 12:09 pm

You can plant garlic now all the way through early winter.  It's not fun to work the soil once it's frozen though.  I've planted garlic in spring, fall, and early winter and never had a problem.  It's an easy one to grow.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Garden Gal. This is exactly why I said the information on the net was confusing LOL. I guess it's a bit late to grow it this year, but I will give it a shot as soon as spring starts next year 🙂

Forum Help

Trouble posting/replying? Have a suggestion, or something just isn’t right after the last upgrade?

Use the form below to tell us about it:

United Farmgirls Magazine (Subscribe Now!)

Oh, we are all about…