Farmgirl Forums

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Relieving Allergy Symptoms

My allergies are already beginning to bother me, and it's only March!

My mother swears by neti pots, so I decided to buy one a few weeks back and started using it. It does help, but I'm still having sniffles and watery eyes.

I've heard that acupuncture can help relieve allergy symptoms naturally. Has anyone tried this? If so, does it help? Have you found anything else that helps your allergies?

From what I have heard, no one needs to take any medication to control allergy symptoms and the choice for most people is to go natural. Is your allergy seasonal, perennial, indoor or affects the skin and eyes? For all I know, the remedy will depend on the kind of allergy you have. I don't know much about acupuncture but eating an anti-inflammatory diet may help (incorporate garlic, lemons, green leafy vegetables, bone broth and so on).

From what I understand, allergy is a natural defense mechanism of our body telling us to avoid something. We have to discover the thing that we allergic from and we should avoid it.

As for the acupuncture, if it relieves you, then go for it. I haven't tried it yet, though, so better do some research about it before committing to it.

I agree with Rebecca that an allergy is a sign that our body is resisting something. Although, there is no harm in treating the symptoms as they are uncomfortable if left untreated. I think an antihistamine can do an immediate relief, but better ask your physician before taking any medicines.

Usually, the biggest issue is that you can't really avoid the things that start the allergic reaction (such as pollens). We can use protectives such as masks or glasses when we're outside, but that doesn't mean the allergy won't happen. I've heard that some herbs can act similar to allergy medicines, such as butterbur.

Oh, we are all about…