Farmgirl Forums

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

The Wrinkle Problem

It is hard to straighten this problem as we grow older. Botox is the immediate solution, but an expensive one. We can do a lot to maintain a baby smooth skin with money and discipline, but time will eventually take its toll on our skin. However, there is an article that I've seen wherein the lady was a vegan for a long time that her skin remained smooth and soft. Have you read about this? Is there some truth about it or just a story to propagate the vegan diet?

Well, from what I know, a vegan diet may not be a solution to clear skin; in fact, it could easily make your skin dry. For me, limiting my sugar intake, using coconut oil and/or regularly washing the face seem like better options.

Perhaps this woman just has better skin due to genetics or other factors we don't know about. There would have to be a lot more evidence in order for people to really tie a vegan diet into smoother skin. Now if a bunch of people start seeing the same result, it would be an interesting thing to investigate.

I have nothing against people practicing a vegan diet, but there are a few of them who are outright rude because they think they are better than those who eat meat.

Speaking of smooth skin, I would go with genetics and good hygiene.

The article may be an isolated story about a person having smooth skin because she was a vegan. What you all said may have credit because the diet may or may not affect our skin health depending on the genes we have.

Forum Help

Trouble posting/replying? Have a suggestion, or something just isn’t right after the last upgrade?

Use the form below to tell us about it:

United Farmgirls Magazine (Subscribe Now!)

Oh, we are all about…