Farmgirl Forums

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Washing mouth with oil

Have you ever heard of this trick? Basically, we swish around the coconut oil or olive oil in our mouth. They can pull out the bacterias or toxins which are usually hard to clean. Do you find it effective?

You know, I have never tried this, but I've read a lot about it. A lot of natural health websites recommend it for dental care. I brush my teeth, floss, and regularly use mouthwash right now, but I'm going to see my dentist soon, so I think I'll ask him what he thinks about the coconut oil.

I've tried mouth washing with coconut oil. I only tried it because I had a mouth sore during that time and washing the mouth with coconut oil was recommended to me as one of the ways to disinfect the affected area.

Quote from Sandy on April 16, 2019, 2:46 am

I've tried mouth washing with coconut oil. I only tried it because I had a mouth sore during that time and washing the mouth with coconut oil was recommended to me as one of the ways to disinfect the affected area.

Did it help to at least reduce the soreness? Did you still wash the mouth with water or other types of mouthwash afterward? I think washing the mouth with liquids are much more efficient compared to using dental floss, so I don't mind giving it a try if it's really effective.

I have heard about this before, but I have never tried it. Doesn't it leave a weird oily taste in your mouth when you do it?

Oh, we are all about…