Farmgirl Forums

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Working with local restaurants

I find this a very great idea to market our farm's products, especially if the said restaurants have good reputations. Mouth-to-mouth advertisements generally work the best on a small scale. Is there anything to worry about from this kind of strategy?

Well, you might need certain food permits so you should check with your local government to see how to make things legal before diving in.  I'd set myself up an LLC, if you haven't already, in order to protect your personal assets.  I think it's an awesome idea though and a good strategy for growing  your business.

The things that Elizabeth said are the basics in setting up a partnership with local restaurants. We may also add the plan on how often we deliver our products to the restaurants because they may need a regular shipment of vegetables or meat products.

I wasn't aware that the process would be that complicated. It makes sense that we need to verify the quality of our crops before selling them, though. Being the sole supplier is only possible if the farm is big and diverse enough, but I think it's an interesting goal to have.

Do you think it will be easier to focus on eggs, milk, or meat than the vegetables?

Oh, we are all about…