Are you looking for easy ways to improve your looks without making constant trips to the hair salon or spending an inordinate amount of time in your manicurist’s chair? Integrating beauty hacks into your life is a great way to spend less time on your looks while still improving the way you feel about yourself and your appearance. Try the following five beauty hacks to see which ones will make you wish you had learned about them sooner.
- Add petroleum jelly to your eyelashes at night. Petroleum jelly not only conditions your eyelashes, it might even help them grow longer. Be sure to place a towel over your pillow or wear an eye mask before retiring for the night.
- Petroleum jelly is also terrific for preventing nail polish stains on your fingers. Dab petroleum jelly around the outskirts of your fingernail prior to applying nail polish (a cotton swab works great). Make sure you buff your nail clean just in case any of the petroleum jelly ended up on your nail. You’ll never have to worry about nail polish stains on your skin again once you start using this easy beauty hack.
- If you’re noticing shampoo or conditioner build-up on your hair, try rinsing your hair with apple cider vinegar (be sure to rinse with water afterwards). While the smell isn’t pleasant, apple cider vinegar can help to remove excess product build-up from your hair.
- Drinking plenty of water can help prevent acne breakouts. If you notice a pimple or two starting to blossom on your skin, increase your water intake. Not only is water good for your skin, it helps you flush toxins out of your body at the same time.
- Coconut oil is awesome for your cuticles and fingernails. If your fingernails are splitting and cracking, it might be time to start massaging coconut oil onto your nails on a regular basis.
Beauty hacks are a terrific way to improve your looks without spending hours at the cosmetic counter. Simple tweaks can help you feel better about yourself and make your beauty routine easier to complete too. Will you be incorporating any of these beauty hacks into your life?